2018-2019 National PTA® Reflections Theme is “Heroes Around Me”
The arts—and National PTA® Reflections—support student success and serve as a valuable tool for engaging families and building strong partnerships in the school community. Founded in 1969, Reflections engages nearly 300,000 students and their families in arts education activities each year by encouraging students to explore the arts for fun and recognition.
REFLECT on the theme. CREATE art. BE RECOGNIZED!
Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 students are encouraged to submit original works of art in one or more of the following categories:
- Dance Choreography • Film Production
- Literature • Musical Composition
- Photography • Visual Arts
Students with disabilities may receive special accommodations by entering the special artist division.
Please view this PowerPoint presentation for guidelines and rules: 2018 Reflections Student Packet
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Submit Your Entry
Entries are due October 22nd. Guidelines and forms are available by your state PTA.
In your artist statement, tell us about your work and what it means to you.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
Win Awards and Prizes!